REINA SOFÍA GUIDED TOUR
Let yourself be led by an expert guide
Visit the Reina Sofía Museum accompanied by an accredited guide. Spend a good day enjoying contemporary art!
The ancient Hospital San Carlos, built under the direction of Francesco Sabatini during the reign of Carlos III, nowadays represents one of the best collections of Spanish contemporary artworks. Moreover it is presumed to be the second most visited museum only behind Museo del Prado.
You can now take photos of Picasso’s Guernica painting!
What is the price for the guided visit?
– Private groups €140 (up to 3 people).
– From four people €40. Check price for less people or private tours. Check prices for collectives groups or company events.
– Children younger than 6: Free
– Reduced price: 29€ (Children from 6 to 12 and people accessibility needs).
Where is the meeting point?
As an example: Calle de Sta. Isabel, 52, 28012 Madrid. (Please see the map below)
How long does the visit last?
The guided tours of the Prado Museum lasts 2 hours to see the main works, then you can stay in the museum as long as you want. Schedule adapted to your needs, the guide will agree with you before the visit.
¿What does this visit include?
- Language: English, Spanish, Italian, French.
- Guide: Our guides are official guides specialized in history of Madrid
- Personal treatment, suited to the audience
- Assistance and support by Tour Time team.
- Booking: till 24 hours before, or in case ask availability and prices.
Not included (Reina Sofía Museum Tickets):
Tickets to Museum are not included in the price.
If you want us to buy them indicate it in the contact form. On weekends the influx increases, book as soon as possible to have it organized
You have a pick up service from the airport or any other point in Madrid, prior reservation
Tour guided by:
Find out about the guided tour of the Reina Sofía Museum.
Fill in the form for reservation or find out about the visit with an accredited guide. Indicate if you want to buy the tickets to the museum through Tour Time.
- How to make the reservation? Fill in the form indicating day and time, number of people, etc… We will contact you to discuss details, so you will not have any doubts.
- Is a minimum number of participants required? The published price is for a minimum of three people, but we also customize for one person. Check the price by filling out the information form.
- Form of payment: Bank Transfer, cash, Bizum.
Free! Cancellation without charges till 24 hours before the activity.
In any other case you won’t be able to get any refund
Reina Sofía Museum. ITINERARY
On this tour you’ll learn about some of the fundamental pieces of the museum. To see them you’ll be accompanied by a guide trained in art and history.
Among other things, you’ll see works by artists of such a standing as Salvador Dalí, Maruja Mallo, Juan Gris, Joan Miró or by the great Pablo Picasso whose El Guernica is the most admired and contemplated work in all the museum.
This tour will let you learn about some of the milestones of the artistic movements of the early XX century, such as the Cubism or the Surrealism that marked a “before and after” in Art History.
Taking photos of Guernica is allowed
At the Reina Sofía Museum it has been decided to authorize the capture of images of Picasso’s famous Guernica, as long as flash is not used. The museum’s newly established administration, under the direction of Manuel Segade, has reviewed its policy regarding photography of Pablo Picasso’s iconic work. This change has as its main objective the “normalization” of visits to the museum, as sources linked to the contemporary art center have indicated.
As of September 1, the prohibition on photographing the historic painting has been revoked, thus aligning the policy related to this piece with the regulations in force in the rest of the museum, which allow the taking of photographs without the use of artificial lights or devices for self-portraits.