HISTORICAL MADRID GUIDED TOUR
Let yourself be led by an expert guide
Up to 6 years: Free
Tour through historic Madrid accompanied by an accredited guide. And enjoy the day!
Come and visit Madrid! Through this essential tour you’ll discover how the city was born, its historic-artistic heritage, curious facts, legends and a lot more!
What is the price for the guided visit?
– General admission: 25 € (minimum three people). Check price for less people or private tours. Check prices for collectives groups or company events.
– Children younger than 6: Free
– Reduced price: 15€ (Children from 6 to 12, people older than 65 and people accessibility needs).
Where is the meeting point?
Plaza de Isabel II, under the statue of Isabel II (metro Ópera). (Please see the map below)
How long does the visit last?
The historic Madrid guided tour lasts 2 hours. Then we will give you some ideas for you to continue having a good time. Schedule adapted to your needs.
¿What does this tour include?
- Language: English,Spanish,Italian, French.
- Guide: Our guides are official guides specialized in history of Madrid.
- Personal treatment, suited to the audience
- Assistance and support by Tour Time team.
- Booking: till 24 hours before, or in case ask availability and prices.
- Guide: Official guide, historian, specialized and in love with Madrid.
- Accesibility: Most areas are accesible.
Not included in this tour:
Drinks on route establishments.
You have a pick-up service from the airport or any other point in Madrid, prior reservation.
Find out about this historic madrid tour.
Fill in the form for reservation or find out about the visit with an accredited guide.
- How to make the reservation? Fill in the form indicating day and time, number of people, etc… We will contact you to discuss details, so you will not have any doubts.
- Is a minimum number of participants required? The published price is for a minimum of three people, but we also customize for one person. Check the price by filling out the information form.
- Form of payment: Bank Transfer, cash, Bizum.
Free! Cancellation without charges till 24 hours before the activity.
In any other case you won’t be able to get any refund
Historic Madrid. ITINERARY
Within this fantastic tour the must-see places are:
- Plaza de Isabel II. You’ll find out why Calle Arenal ( literally sandbank street) is called like that, which is la Torre de los Muertos (the tower of the dead) or curious facts as the mysterious shape of Teatro Real
- Plaza de Oriente. Do you know who Pepe el Plazuelas was? Which is the statue of the four geniuses? You’ll be also intrigued by the superstition of a queen.
- Palacio Real and Catedral de la Almudena. What happened with the Alcázar Real? Only a few know that the Catedral de la Almudena was built because of a promise of love
- Calle Mayor. Here there was the largest terrorist attack till the Atocha one. You’ll be charmed by a bouquet of flowers and you’ll know about the first wedding cake ever eaten in Spain. Madrid, from a simple villa to the capital of the largest empire existing at the time.
- Plaza de la Villa. You’ll be able to see the oldest civil building in Madrid and which was the city hall. Also, you’ll be able to walk on the narrowest street and if you want you can buy the best handcraft sweets.
- Plaza de Puerta Cerrada. Do you know which is the motto of Madrid? You’ll learn about it here. Did you know that the oldest restaurant in the world is here? And do you know who probably worked there?
- Plaza Mayor. From a simple lagoon to one of the nerve centers of the capital and city life. This square houses numerous stories that through the years have shaped its personality. Did you know that the Holy office of the Inquisition got to celebrate here one of its famous Acts of Faith? Well, one of them is exhibited in the galleries of the Prado.